The Young Investigator Travel Award encourages and recognizes young scientific researcher of promise, upon whom progress in the field of acupuncture and related techniques is dependent.
Interested candidates should submit an abstract summarizing any problem that relates to acupuncture techniques and their use whether it is in etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, or therapy of symptoms or diseases. All submitted abstracts compete for a limited number of Travel Grants covering travel expenses, congress fee and extra money. Accepted abstracts will be presented in a Young Scientists’ Session highlighted in the Congress program.
The deadline for submissions is February 15th 2016 – submit your science today.
Eligibility: Physicians, scientists, medical students and other healthcare providers currently in residency or fellowship programs, or are no more than three years out of training.
Framework: Oral presentations will be given in the Young Scientists’ Session at the ICMART 2016 Congress, June 10th to 12th 2016, Sofia, Bulgaria. Time for presentation is 10 minutes with 5 minutes additional time for discussion. The Congress Fee for young scientists with accepted abstracts is reduced to 100 Euro. The Young Scientist Travel Awards (500 Euro each) will be granted by 3B Scientific GmbH, Hamburg, Germany.
Submission: Abstracts must contain original scientific data collected by the author. Language of the abstracts and presentations is English. Abstract texts must be a maximum of 500 words. Recommended font is Arial 10 pt, double line spacing. Abstracts not according to the instructions are rejected. The following requirements need to be addressed:
1) Title (in capital case)
2) Presenting Author: full name (family name second) and affiliation (including her/his organization, city and country)
3) Contributing authors: full names and contributions
4) Abstracts should have the following structure (headings): Purpose, Relevance, Participants, Methods, Analysis, Results, Conclusions.
5) If the study has been supported by a grant, please indicate the source of funding at the bottom of your abstract.
6) Indicate all conflict of interest.
7) A three-line biography note of the applicant is required.
7) A statement that the author meets the criteria of eligibility.
8) References should be placed in the order they appear in the abstract.
Submission and Contact Address for Authors: Please submit your abstract to the Office of the Scientific Committee of the German Medical Acupuncture Association DAEGfA, secretary Dr. Eszter Füzeki email@example.com. The deadline for submission is February 15th 2016.